Listen to PureReligion2Childrens Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our Adoption Begins!!!!

January 15, 2011
                 We have just made the decision to adopt from Ethiopia and are going to blog our steps in our journey to bring home our children. It has been several months since we first thought of adding to our family, So we wanted to begin our blog by telling you how we came to this decision. Our best friends were in the process of going through the Foster progam, but have always had the heart to do international adoption. In our conversations with them they asked us if we ever thought about adopting ourselves. We had seen pictures and videos from their previous mission trip to Africa and the countless needs of the Orphans. My wife was quickly on board with the idea, because of her feelings over the years to have more kids. I was reluctant at first to give a quick answer being the provider in the home, and quickly thinking of the added cost it would take. Even through the best explinations on why this was right didn't help me, because I've always been a more visual person. I decided to go to the internet for more information, and found so many videos of families that have felt the same calling. I was swayed immediately watching the encounters of these families holding their children for the first time. I was overwhelmed by the joy of the children and their new parents. I remember after a long night of watching videos of these stories going up to my wife who was asleep in bed and telling her the good news. The next morning I couldn't wait to show her the reason for my willingness to accept the idea that we should expand our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment